Pouting Always's Reviews > Back to Your Love

Back to Your Love by Kianna Alexander

it was ok

Imani Grant is a gorgeous dermatologist whose always the bridesmaid never the bride, but at her college roommate's wedding she runs into her high school sweetheart Xavier. Not only did Xavier break her heart but he's running for councilperson and her past would disrupt his campaign so Imani tries her hardest to keep her distance even as Xavier continues to pursue her.

I hope everyone realizes that they should take my reviews with a salt of grain because every book has it's intended audience and usually that audience isn't me so just because I didn't enjoy it doesn't mean you won't.

That said, I really really couldn't get into this book. Not only was the writing mediocre, which I usually ignore when reading romance, the whole plot and characters irritated me to no end. Most of the characters just felt two dimensional or like caricatures. Also the plot, (trigger warning) (view spoiler) . That was the most annoying but there were other more subtle plot holes like (view spoiler) and and (view spoiler) .

Anyways I just couldn't enjoy it, but I'm sure people who like fluff and just want a comfy feel good read could enjoy this, the book just isn't for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Back to Your Love.

April 3, 2017 – Started Reading