Jan's Reviews > Tempest in the Tea Leaves

Tempest in the Tea Leaves by Kari Lee Townsend

Aug 08, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: cozies, mystery

Sunshine Meadows (no I am not kidding) moves to the small town of Divinity, NY to start her fortune telling business. Her first customer is the town librarian. Sunny warns her that she is going to be killed by a man and then sends her one her merry way. The librarian is killed before Sunny can contact the police and Sunny becomes the prime suspect, even though she just met the woman and has no motive to kill her. So of course, Sunny has to clear her name.

I usually don't do bad reviews because I usually don't finish books I am not enjoying but I kept hoping this would get better. Sadly, it did not. I found Sunny annoying, the magic cat just a bit too magical and the mystery weak. I don't want to put in any spoilers, I will just say that even for a cozy this book just did not make sense. I will say that I did not guess the killer, but I think that is mostly because it was such a bad story in the end. I will not be visiting Divinity again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest in the Tea Leaves.

August 8, 2011 – Shelved