Amber Colored Wolf's Reviews > Styx's Storm

Styx's Storm by Lora Leigh

Aug 08, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I enjoyed this book.

Styx was charming, strong, loving, very fun and very sexual to read. Really a perfect wolf. I found myself rather fascinated by the Breed mythology. I liked the idea of genetically altered humans combined with different animals to give them more powers and traits like the creatures they share their genes with. I read and watch a lot of werewolf fiction were so often the creatures background is because of magic in some form or another. I liked this very different, very scientific approach.

I also really liked the lead female character Storme. She was some one I could relate to and very important to me in a female lead was strong and independent. I did have a few moments towards the middle of the book were I wondered why no one just talked to her about her personal issues with the Breeds though instead of just locking her up in Styx's cabin but eventually they did and I enjoyed watching the relationship between Styx and Storme develop so much that it didn't really bother me too badly.

Overall I like the mating phenomenon as presented in this work. I was a little thrown off by the fact that once a woman is mated to a Breed no other man can ever touch her skin. That seemed a little far fetched but the rest of it flowed well with what I know from mated wolves and their interactions.

My one annoyance. Styx is described as a red wolf and the wolf on the cover is obviously not. That is of course just me nitpicking :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Styx's Storm.

August 8, 2011 – Started Reading
page 242
August 24, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah* Yay! I'm glad you like this book and this series! :D