Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)'s Reviews > Muse of Nightmares

Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor

bookshelves: fantasy, shelf-of-shame-rtc, young-adult

I have a lot of thoughts πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

RTC

β€”β€”-

Buddy Read with the fantabulous Mary! βœ¨πŸ’•
198 likes ·  βˆ™ flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Muse of Nightmares.

April 2, 2017 – Shelved
February 6, 2019 – Shelved as: fantasy
February 6, 2019 – Shelved as: shelf-of-shame-rtc
February 6, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
February 6, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm 99% sure it's a duology.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) Thank you, Syd! That's what I'm thinking as well, I just never saw it confirmed anywhere

message 3: by Figgy (new) - added it

Figgy Yeah, it's definitely a duology (at least at this stage). It's billed as such in the media-release info.

Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons) Pretty sure it was originally meant to be a stand alone named The Muse of Nightmares but then Laini Taylor realised there was more to the story to tell and extended it to a duology.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) That makes so much sense, Darcy! I was wondering why I'd seen that title/this page floating around so long. Thank you!

Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons) Kaylin wrote: "That makes so much sense, Darcy! I was wondering why I'd seen that title/this page floating around so long. Thank you!"

Haha no worries, Laini Taylor is one of my all time favourite authors so I jump on any bit of news about her and her books.

message 7: by CJ (new) - added it

CJ I was looking at strange the dreamer and I think it's a Duology

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) Darcy wrote: "Haha no worries, Laini Taylor is one of my all time favourite..."

Laini Taylor is a gift <3

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) CJ wrote: "I was looking at strange the dreamer and I think it's a Duology "

Thank you, CJ! That seems to be the case. :)

Luna Reader duology! I'm impatiently waiting for this book to get released

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) Luna Reader wrote: "duology! I'm impatiently waiting for this book to get released"

Same! I know she literally just released the first one, but I need mooooorrrrreeeee!

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) Solomon wrote: "i really need this one so bad. I'll probably reread Strange like 10 times before this one comes out though lol"

Same! I just want to understand that crazy ending...!!

message 14: by Jessica888 (new)

Jessica888 Same! I just want to understand that crazy ending...!!"

Me too!!! This is one of those times where I wish I had the patience and discipline to wait to read book 1 after book 2 comes out so I don't have that painful year long wait.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) Jessica wrote: "Me too!!! This is one of those times where I wish I had the patience and discipline to wait to read book 1 after book 2 comes out so I don't..."

Same!! I don't usually start ongoing series because the wait drives me crazy!

message 16: by Mekiah (new) - added it

Mekiah Johnson Duo.

message 17: by Mekiah (new) - added it

Mekiah Johnson Hopefully more though.

Jessica Strange It's a duology. I'm hoping it turns into a trilogy. *Fingers crossed*

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) Jessica wrote: "It's a duology. I'm hoping it turns into a trilogy. *Fingers crossed*"

Mekiah wrote: "Hopefully more though."

Mekiah wrote: "Duo."

Somehow I missed both your comments! My bad!
Thank you! I'm personally a fan of duologies, as I think it cuts out a lot of filler. But I will read anything this woman writes and wouldn't mind a 15 book series from her, tbh.

message 20: by Gen (new) - added it

Gen Ugh, agreed! I just finished and waiting for this one is going to be hard.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) Gen wrote: "Ugh, agreed! I just finished and waiting for this one is going to be hard."

It's been months and I'm slowly losing all patience 😫😫

message 22: by Ash (new) - added it

Ash I just finished and I'm sooo sad! I had every intention of going out and getting the second one only to realize its not out! So I came looking for ppl to wait in agony with lol

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) Ash wrote: "I just finished and I'm sooo sad! I had every intention of going out and getting the second one only to realize its not out! So I came looking for ppl to wait in agony with lol"

Well welcome to the club! I'm still desperate for a release date.

message 24: by Ash (new) - added it

Ash I know me too! :(

Allison I know!!! I wish there was a release date, too.

message 26: by Figgy (new) - added it

Figgy OCTOBER 2018, apparently! Potentially...

may ❀ omg cant wait to hear your thoughts on this oneee, hope you love it

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) @may Ahh I’m so excited!! I’ve loved everything I’ve read from Taylor so far!!

message 29: by Hiba (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hiba I hope you're loving it!!! For me, it was everything I never knew I needed before.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) @Hiba: thank you!! This went a completely different direction than I anticipated, but I still really enjoyed it!!