w's Reviews > History Is All You Left Me

History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera

This book was incredible! The way that all the characters were so complex and interesting was fantastic and I loved seeing how the 'history' and 'today' chapters started to piece the whole story together. Also probably my favourite thing about this book was the exploration of Griffin's OCD, as an OCD sufferer myself I could really relate to Griffin's way of thinking about his compulsions (plus seven is my 'safe' number and it's also one that Griffin is cool with and idk why I loved that). I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how different people in Griffin's life dealt with his OCD, his parents pushing him to go to therapy, Theo making him feel 'special' and being accommodating, Jackson trying to accommodate and Wade who really made Griffin tackle it head on. Personally I think (at least for me) the best way to support someone suffering from OCD is a balance of these. I also loved Wade's comment about Griffin not being his compulsions' bitch, I'm definitely going to be saying that to myself for a long time after reading this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read History Is All You Left Me.

April 1, 2017 – Started Reading