booksofallkinds's Reviews > Faithless

Faithless by Kjell Ola Dahl

This is my first foray into the genre of Nordic Noir and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but I certainly didn't expect such an atmospheric, hauntingly tense journey of murder, lies, and dark, disturbing characters. Frølich is trying to unravel the murder of a young woman, who just happened to be engaged to a childhood friend of his, Karl Anders, whom he hadn't seen in twenty years. With strange friendships and plenty of secrets, it seems the more Frølich digs into the victim's life, the more confusing the case becomes. At the same time, a young student literally disappears into thin air, and a fellow Detective is looking into a connection with a cold case in Northern Norway. But as the clues start to stack together Frølich must confront the demons of his past if he is going to be able to unlock this chilling crime.

FAITHLESS by Kjell ola dahl caught my attention immediately and kept me gripped from beginning to end. With plenty of suspense, confusion, dead ends, and seemingly unrelated circumstances, I questioned how exactly the author was going to be able to pull it all together and give a satisfactory ending - but oh my God, it did so much more! Completely taking me by surprise I definitely did not guess who was behind it all and I love that (there is nothing worse than when you figure it all out 1/3 of the way through!). The story flows effortlessly, weaving each section cleverly together with its expertly detailed settings and in-depth characters until it is seamless. FAITHLESS gave me chills aplenty and I read this book in 3 hours - yes it is that good. FAITHLESS by Kjell ola dahl is part of a series but can be read independently. This book starts a new addiction to the Nordic Noir genre for me and I cannot wait to get buying.

*I voluntarily reviewed this book from the Publisher

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faithless.

April 1, 2017 – Started Reading