Kerste's Reviews > Never Enough

Never Enough by Lauren Dane

Aug 07, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: at-the-library, contemporary-romance, musicians, seattle

As usual, I love to hate this series. I really hope (pray) it's over now. Lauren seemed to do some research and finally corrected the gaffe that if Adrian lives in Seattle, he can't have a view of the ocean - in this book, it mentions that he has a view of the Puget Sound. Amen. And there were a few more Seattle landmarks...or maybe not more, but she placed things in a way that you could almost figure out where everyone lived. But the weather was ridiculous, every time these folks wanted to get together the weather was clear and cold...in the winter. Where was all the Seattle rain? And there was a baby in the book who could talk before she could walk...awesome.

Some of the story was moved forward really awkwardly - like there would be all this detail about a single event that didn't seem very important and then there would be a paragraph summarizing some MAJOR plot points. The "catch-up" stories regarding the other couples were awkward, too. (catch-up in the sense that the author was trying to "catch up" the new readers with the whole series, not catch-up in the sense of the author trying to fill in the gaps for the series readers for what had happened for the beloved characters since the last time we'd seen them...if that makes any sense at all to anyone, but me).

Then there was the big build up of how Adrian and English were going to resolve where to live and the HEA happened without that being resolved. And the final conflict was positively ridonculous. Whatever.

The sex was HAWT. Adrian was mostly hawt, except the couple times he came unglued in almost completely out-of-character fashion. English had quite a bit of starch in her, which was fun. Miles was the coolest 13 year old ever (along with his friends), which was both heart-warming and completely unrealistic. All in all, not the worst book of the series for certain, but I don't think I can stomach another installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Enough.

August 7, 2011 – Shelved
December 22, 2011 – Started Reading
December 23, 2011 –
page 152
48.72% "I put off reading this book because the location details drive me to distraction, but I do like Adrian and Gillian is a bit of a cool cat herself. Miles is great. The sex is HAWT and it seems like Dane finally did enough research to realize that if Adrian had a house in Seattle, no matter how rich he was, he couldn't have a view of the ocean. For the first time in this series, he talks about his view of the Sound."
December 26, 2011 – Finished Reading