Judi's Reviews > The Game of Love

The Game of Love by Jeanette Murray

bookshelves: 2011, amazon, e-book, gym-read, nov, sports-theme, contemporary-romance

The Game of Love was ACES and scored a Touchdown with me! Sports themed books are one of my favorite’s to read. As seems to be the norm for me now these days, I saw some of my Goodreads peeps taking about this book and quickly added it to my TBR list. A tennis player heroine? SOLD! Lots of sports books feature mostly hockey and football jocks...but no one hardly ever writes about a tennis player. As a big fan of both watching and playing tennis - I knew I had to read it...now.

Christina seemed like a hard nut to crack at first, full of attitude and with a huge chip on her shoulder. Ex tennis pro, retired after only a few years on the pro circuit, never ranked higher than 25 in the world and fresh off a break-up with her abusive hockey player boyfriend she’s trying to make a go at a normal life as a teacher and coach of the girl’s tennis team. The last thing she needs or wants is a relationship with the boy’s football coach Brett “The Wall” Wallace, an ex NFL football player. Christina vowed never to get involved with an athlete again. But then again she’s never met anyone like Brett.

A Game for Love was sweet, funny and I fell in love with Brett right along with Christina. He was pretty much perfect *sigh*. What a sweetheart. And his “grand gesture” at the end...perfect for a tennis player.

Like sports with your romance - then you will love The Game of Love. Don’t care about sports with your romance...you’re still going to enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Game of Love.

August 7, 2011 – Shelved
November 6, 2011 – Shelved as: nov
November 6, 2011 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
November 6, 2011 – Shelved as: sports-theme
November 6, 2011 –
20.0% "Yes! A tennis player heroine. Doesn't happen often that tennis is featured in a book. Love it!"
November 8, 2011 –
November 9, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Anne OK Fab review Judi! I really love sports romances, too! Really enjoyed this one and liked both characters and enjoyed how sports related to both their roles.

message 2: by Baba (last edited Nov 13, 2011 10:11AM) (new)

Baba  Hey, Judi, nice job! And what a coincidence...today Federer won Paris-Bercy! YAY!!!! LOL I just love this guy!

Judi Funny you should mention that as I am watching the match I taped earlier today right now. I already know he won it but still like watching him play.

message 4: by Baba (new)

Baba  Judi wrote: "Funny you should mention that as I am watching the match I taped earlier today right now. I already know he won it but still like watching him play."

Oh, lucky lady!!!

Ashley Marie Force wrote a book called "Line if Scrimmage". It is a wonderful sporty, contemporary romance book! I would highly recommend it if you enjoyed this book (as did I!)!