Ali's Reviews > Sprinkle with Murder

Aug 07, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: food-mysteries
Read on July 12, 2012

As I previously mentioned, I had a hard time getting in to this book and relating to the main character because of it being written in the third person. For me, a cozy should be written in the first person, but that is just my opinion. It was also extremely obvious who the killer was from the moment the character was introduced, because the author tried so hard to make them the least likely culprit, you knew that it ultimately would end up being them. I was hoping that it was a clever rouse and that there would be a surprise twist at the end proving my suspicions wrong, as with other better written cozies, but unfortunately I was right, and it took most of the fun out of reading it. I never tend to like first books in a series so I am hoping the next few pick up, and that I am able to get over my aversion to third person cozies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sprinkle with Murder.

07/12/2012 "I started this book last night and already I am very disappointed, because it is written in the third person. To me, what makes a cozy mystery cozy is use of the first person, where you really can relate to the main character. In this book, there are 2 main characters, and while you get the illusion that one is more prominent than the other, you can't really tell for sure because of the writing style."
07/12/2012 "It has a cute premise, but I feel like the whole series might not live up to its potential because of the choice of writing style."