Isabella ~Mikku-chan~'s Reviews > Chocolate Cake and Chaos

Chocolate Cake and Chaos by Agatha Frost

Apr 28, 2017

bookshelves: 5-stars-favourites, favorites, arc-advanced-reader-copy

Barker’s past is the main focus in the fourth installment of Agatha Frost’s very British crime series.

With Julia at his side Barker is trying to find the culprit who has sending him a morbid funeral wreath. Is it the same who killed the guy on Barker’s doorstep?

When the things are getting more and more complicated Barker has to deal with the devils from his past who seem to hunt him, follow him to the normally friendly and calm village.

I really enjoyed the dynamics between Barker and Julia and you can see how much they love each other. I would wish though to see a bit more interaction in the next books with her and Barker. Both are sweet together and it is a pity they are so often disturbed by their romantic dinners or dates.

Julia is as witty and sharp like we know her from the other books and with Jessica at her side she has a great addition to her household.

The crime case was very great revealed I had my suspects but was to be honest really surprised at the end.

A few of the character descriptions and how they act let me laugh out loud. In this book Dot made my day several times and gave the whole book a spark of humor when things were too earnest.
The outcoming at the end is also very intriguing and I can’t wait to see to what it leads in the next books. Barkes is having a few hard times it seems but I recommend to read it by yourself. I won’t spoil anybody. :)

Julia and Barker, a great pair and with the latest crime case solved they prove they are as witty and fierce as ever.

5 out of 5 stars for this book. Can’t wait to read more of Julia’s shenanigans in order to help with the investigations. :D

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate Cake and Chaos.

March 30, 2017 – Shelved