Esther's Reviews > Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book

Beauty and the Beast by Jennifer Donnelly

bookshelves: kindle

I'm a huge Disney fan and Belle and the Beast is one of my favorites. I've recently been to the movie and I think Emma Watson was great for the role. The story is magical and I love the fact that there is book-love in the book as well as in the movie.
This story actually revolves around the fairy tale but takes a side-road, when Belle finds a book called Nevermore...

A longer review can be found at Bite Into books

If you love Disney, fairytales and retellings this is a book for you. It reads pretty quickly and you won't be disappointed if you like Beauty and the Beast. This book actually has the great addition of the sisters Love and Death. All your favorite characters are present in this book. Just put on your dress or suit, twirl around a bit and start reading this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty and the Beast.

Quotes Esther Liked

Jennifer Donnelly
“Isn't that what a good story does? It pulls you in and never lets you go.”

Jennifer Donnelly
“Love-real love- sees with the heart, master. Not with the eyes."
The Beast looked at him skeptically. "How do you know that?"
"Because I'm in love with a woman who's a feather duster," said Lumiere. "That's how.”

Jennifer Donnelly
“Belle's tears spilled over. "Even if I could get out of this place, I wouldn't know where to go," she sobbed. "Where is it, Lucanos? Where is my home?"
The beetle sighed. He touched the tip of one leg to the place over Belle's heart. "It's here, foolish girl," he said. "Home is all the people, all the places, and all the things that you love. You carry it wherever you go. Don't you know that?”

March 30, 2017 – Shelved
March 30, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
June 12, 2017 – Started Reading
June 12, 2017 –
June 18, 2017 –
June 18, 2017 –
99.0% "Finished, review to come"
June 18, 2017 – Finished Reading