Lexie's Reviews > Her Majesty's Scoundrels

Her Majesty's Scoundrels by Christy Carlyle

May 11, 2017

More accurately it's a 3.6, but whatever I enjoyed this collection quite well. I'll update this review with my individual thoughts on each shortly. As a collection it fulfilled it's purpose - 5 loyal British officers living double lives in name of the Queen, find love with their significant others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Majesty's Scoundrels.

March 29, 2017 – Shelved
March 29, 2017 – Shelved as: wishlist-to-buy-ebook
May 7, 2017 – Shelved as: ebooks-owned-to-read
May 8, 2017 – Started Reading
May 8, 2017 –
26.0% ""To Lure a Lost Duke" by Christy Carlyle - 4 stars!! I love Lady Detectives and I love stubborn nobles and HA CECIL you're a jerk. Things happen a bit quickly, but that's fine since a) the Duke is named Killian and b) he's totes cool with Tavia being hella more useful in a fight than him."
May 8, 2017 –
44.0% ""Cast in Scandal" by Laura Landon - 4 stars! I'm normally wary of widow stories, but in this case I was happy. Though so much attention was paid to the scandal Edward wanted hidden...was that a previous book?"
May 8, 2017 –
59.0% ""The Viscount's Secret" by Anthea Lawson - 4 stars! While I agree Anthony's foppish persona grated, I enjoyed the rest of it. Plus this was a sweet romance built around mutual understanding. And books."
May 8, 2017 –
77.0% ""A Spy to Call My Own" by Rebecca Paula - 3 stars, mostly bc the end of Chapter 12 eludes to one thing only to have the beginning of Chapter 13 be basically "jk still drama". Otherwise I love adventure romances like this."
May 11, 2017 –
99.0% ""Tempting the Scoundrel" by Lana Williams - 3 stars, I realized at some point Elliott, or more accurately his character type, annoyed me. Which is weird, he's not that different from most secret spies in Regency/Victorian romances, but I didn't like him. I liked Sophia, but not him."
May 11, 2017 – Finished Reading