Carla Remy's Reviews > Time and Again

Time and Again by Jack Finney

bookshelves: sci-fi

Maybe it is just me, maybe it is just now, but I could not read this. I got to page 130, and was utterly uninterested. There were a few good details about time and history, but the method of time travel seems too simple, too easy. All you need is a place unchanged by the years, knowledge of the period you're going to, and some good hypnosis? I know, it's fictional anyway, so who cares. And possibly I missed something, since I only read 130 pages. I really enjoyed Finney's Invasion of the Body-Snatchers, was why I got this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time and Again.

Finished Reading
March 29, 2017 – Shelved
March 29, 2017 – Shelved as: sci-fi

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Bobby (new)

Bobby Underwood I made an attempt to read this years ago and also finally put it down. I normally love stuff like this, so maybe it isn't just you. :-)

message 2: by Carla Remy (new) - added it

Carla Remy That says a lot, us both not getting into it. But apparently people do love this book. I regret buying it because I loved Body Snatchers.

message 3: by Bobby (new)

Bobby Underwood Carla Remy wrote: "That says a lot, us both not getting into it. But apparently people do love this book. I regret buying it because I loved Body Snatchers."

Yeah, I thought I'd love it. Oddly, I've never read Body Snatchers, though I loved the original film.

message 4: by Carla Remy (new) - added it

Carla Remy Body Snatchers is far shorter - it's from the 1950s, a novelette from a pulp magazine, I believe.

message 5: by Bobby (new)

Bobby Underwood Carla Remy wrote: "Body Snatchers is far shorter - it's from the 1950s, a novelette from a pulp magazine, I believe."

I love well-written pulp so I put it on my list. :-)

message 6: by Carla Remy (new) - added it

Carla Remy Exactly. You would love Body Snatchers because it is short and fast. I did.

message 7: by Bobby (new)

Bobby Underwood Carla Remy wrote: "Exactly. You would love Body Snatchers because it is short and fast. I did."

Yikes! It's outrageously priced on Kindle. Ten bucks to us (with exchange rate). Grrr...