Jennifer's Reviews > Shades of Earth

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

Aug 07, 2011

Read from January 18 to 19, 2013

OH FREX THAT WAS LOONS!!!! Mind is totally blown!

Maybe I'm just coming off my book high but it is 5am and after not being able to put the book down for longer than to eat and run to the bathroom a couple times I must say I thought it was a fabulously, nerve wracking, intense, epic, mind blowing conclusion!

I was so excited to finally get the Frozens woken up and to see this planet and what is inhabiting it. As expected total epic chaos ensued! Distrust and lies continued. Murders around every corner. WTF! Like serious epic mass destruction! Actually I totally knew who the traitor was but I had no idea how it would all play out with the motives and final goals. It was beyond what I thought. I had a million theories running through my mind the entire time. I was so on edge as pieces slowly turned out to be true and others proven false. I loved watching all the little clues fall into the bigger mystery and story. This planet had so much more history around it than I ever thought going into this series.

I love Amy and Elder! I looked forward to all their sweet stolen moments. I love the trust and confidence that has grown between each other and how well they work together. Elder has become a serious hero. He literally gave up everything to give the literal world to Amy! And even though he was thrown into a leader position that he doesn't really need to follow through with, he will always give up everything and anything for his people. He really was an awesome character.

The planet itself was like its own character. So amazing and kept me on my toes. Ahh I guess I can't say more because I want everyone to be shocked and amazed by it like I was. The ending was great but far from what I was expecting and not exactly perfect. It did take 2348203948203948 disasters to get to the end but I think there is hope for a good life! Twists and turns I truly didn't see coming. Mind totally blown! I will miss this series!

---
"I've lost nearly everything else I love; I can't lose you too."
"I'll always come back to you," I say, pulling her close.

I love my pre-reading thoughts because Jurassic Park is actually mentioned by Amy! LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I NEED THIS!!! I'm already in agony trying to figure out what the heck dangerous stuff is on this planet. A whole year to find out is definitely going to kill me! Aliens?! Dinosaurs?! I just watched Jurassic Park lol I kind of picture the planet like that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Earth.

01/18/2013
18.0% "Frexing chaos! I love it! But come now obviously you need to bring the Frozens up to speed on all the crazy that has happened." 1 comment
01/18/2013
42.0% "Yesh that was scary and disturbing!"
01/19/2013
70.0% "It is just one frexing giant disaster after another!!!"
01/19/2013
84.0% "This just gets more and more crazy!"
05/08/2016 marked as: read

Kathleen I just finished the first two on audiobook--thought they were very inventive. I am sure the third will be fantastic!

Annabelle Marie Veronica It was frexing amazing, Jennifer. You must read this ASAP.

message 3: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Lol

Diane It was frexing amazing!

message 5: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Ryland Are you loving it? It was so SCARY!!

Jennifer Yeah it's exciting! I knew it would be chaos. I've only seen the one dinosaur bird thing so far but pretty cool! lol

message 7: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Ryland Loved the whole spooky LOST vibe! What is out there and who is it going to kill??? Ahhh...

Jennifer Yes I was on the edge the whole time!!!!

Jacqueline Oh, I so hope you're right. I've been let down by some other conclusions lately. My fingers are crossed.

William Same! I was so spooked and on edge the whole time, wondering what was out there... This whole series was like that. :) And I loved it!