Naomi's Reviews > Riot Street

Riot Street by Tyler  King

bookshelves: arc-netgalley, forever-romance, on-kindle

Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

Honestly, when I first began this book I was unsure if I was going to enjoy it. I pushed through the opening few chapters and found it hard to connect to the main character. But the longer I read the better this book was! I began to like and even admire Avery, knowing what she had been through and that she had become a strong and determined woman, chasing her dreams and allowing someone into her heart. It was a fantastic read, that touched on some difficult issues and I know I'll be thinking of this book for a long time to come.

Avery's background was not what I expected. It was a bit of a shock learning what she endured, but seeing the woman she had grew into made my heart swell in pride for her. She had struggled with a few issues, but had become a woman determined to create her own path in life and to become successful in a career that she was passionate about.

What she didn't expect was to fall for Ethan Ash. He knew a lot about her and he understood her unlike any other person in her life. They had a strong attraction to one another and I loved how fiercely he wanted to protect Avery. I could see over the course of the book that he had his own demons to fight, and that he was struggling with family issues. I liked seeing Avery support him, but eventually it took it's toll on her.

This is the first book that I've read by Tyler King and I can't believe the way she slowly pulled me into the world she created, and hooked me to her addictive writing style and the perfectly broken characters that she created. The characters had flaws but also had more in common than either of them realised. Their demons haunted them daily, and they each had their own ways of getting past them. Avery and Ethan seemed to be soul mates, but some issues can turn the strongest love toxic. There were a few threads that I would've liked to see tied up, but they were only minor plot issues. Riot Street turned out to be an amazing, addictive and passionate read that I couldn't help but devour! Tyler King has an incredible writing style and I know I'll be reading more of her work in the future.

Complimentary copy provided by the Publisher, via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Riot Street.

March 27, 2017 – Shelved