Jennifer's Reviews > Just Like You Said it Would Be

Just Like You Said it Would Be by C.K. Kelly Martin

This novel drew me in from the first page and I was not able to put it down – despite it being a Teen/YA novel. It was so well-written and full of different and complex characters that I found myself easily invested in. Although Amira and Darragh’s relationship is definitely the meat of the novel, there are several other subplots going on regarding friendships, family, education, dreams, and definitely disappointments in life. Teen and YA readers will easily identify with the uncertainty that comes with growing up, going away to college, first loves, etc. Adult readers – prepare to find yourself quickly being swept away in the nostalgia of your own experiences at the age. Whether it was joy, curiosity, anger, worry, or sadness, author C.K. Kelly Martin perfectly captures the varying emotions associated with that age.

While reading, I found myself cheering like crazy for Amira and Darragh, resulting in having to remind myself that first, it’s only a novel and second, they live on two different continents with their entire lives ahead of them. Amira with her talent and dreams of being a screenwriter and Darragh with his investment in his band made for a happily-ever-after not seem promising, but still, I hoped.

Reading about the author I learned that this was a long work in progress in which she poured her heart and soul, however, I do cross my fingers that she has more to tell the world about Amira and Darragh because I will be the first on in line to grab a copy!

**Many thanks to Xpresso book tours and the author for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Like You Said it Would Be.

Finished Reading