Books-treasureortrash's Reviews > Bone Crossed

Aug 06, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed, contemporary-fantasy
Read from August 06 to 11, 2011 , read count: 1

Book Review: 3 Treasure Boxes

This time Mercedes has angered Marsilia, the head of the vampires, and it is not good to have the vampires of the Tri-Cities as an enemy. So in order to avoid Marsilia, Mercy heads out of town to help her school friend with a ghost problem and she ends up in trouble with a lone vampire known as Monster.

Bone Crossed is the fourth of six books in The Mercedes Thompson Series. The series revolves around Mercedes (Mercy) Thompson, a Native American shapeshifter who can assume the body of a coyote. She is also a strong, independent woman who makes her living as a mechanic. Patricia Brigg has also written several other series which fall into Paranormal Romance, High Fantasy, and Fantasy. She has written numerous short stories. This series is considered Urban Fantasy or Contemporary Fantasy. The books are told in a first person narrative with Mercy’s voice and thoughts as she lives her life.

I enjoy reading the Mercedes Thompson books, I like Mercy's character and I also enjoy reading about her relationships with Adam and Samuel. This book was interesting, the action started in the first chapter and didn't let up until the end of the book. We learn more about Stefan and his character, I wasn't really sure about him until I finished this book.

This is a standalone book, with lots of excitement, a great story and a good ending. I am curious to see where this series is going and what else Mercy is going to get up to, so I am going to read Silver Borne. I recommend this book and if you enjoy books with werewolves, shapeshifters, fae, vampires and witches then you will enjoy this book, but you should read the books in order.

For more of my reviews go to: http://books-treasureortrash.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Crossed.