All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Aug 06, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed-by-julia
Read in August, 2011

In DRAGON BOUND, Thea Harrison has melded the animal alter-egos of her Wyr hero and heroine with their human behaviors to create one of the most delightful paranormal romances I’ve read in a very long time. While Dragos Cuelebre, the one and only dragon, may be too Alpha for some, I was a big fan of this eons old creature turned "boyfriend". Add interesting mythology, snappy dialogue, and smoking chemistry, and it’s no surprise that I couldn't bear put this book down.

Harrison does a fantastic job writing Dragos, her paragraph describing his birth with the Big Bang and early memories of sailing on solar flares is one of my favorites, and really drives home how ancient and alien he is. Dragos is a wicked old dragon, and anything but politically correct. Autocratic, high-handed, and a perilously close to a sociopath, Harrison manages to write a charming and sexy love story for this man without ever deviating from his true nature. His dialog had me laughing out loud, and my copy of DRAGON BOUND has more highlighted quotes than any other book that I own. True to type, Dragos is the ultimate adapter, and I share Pia's weakness for his crafty, charming ways. I enjoyed watching the ultimate predator and the ultimate herbivore dance with each other and fall in love.

Dragos and Pia have a very elemental relationship that ties in beautifully with their intrinsic animal natures. So much of their chemistry and interaction is tied up in Pia’s secret Wyr form, I found the story more plausible and even more enjoyable the second time around. I look forward to reading STORM’S HEART, the newest of the Elder Races series which was released this week, as soon as I can find the time to pull it out of my TBR pile. And I know I’ll be back to revisit DRAGON BOUND whenever I need some laughter and chemistry to brighten my day.

Sexual Content: Several sex scenes, one scene of magical coercion.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bound.