Alison bell's Reviews > Just Like You Said it Would Be

Just Like You Said it Would Be by C.K. Kelly Martin

My Review

I started this book and wasn't sure what to make of it at first. I found it started quite slow and took a while to get into the story, there was lots of information to set the scene. I felt that took up a lot of the book but I percivered with it and found it a really good and interesting book.
The book is set around a 16 year old girl Amira who lives in Toronto, Canada with her parents and has lots of friends, she has a desire to be a screen writer.
Her parents have a few problems and decided to sort them by going on a cruise together. Amira is sent to her aunty and uncles in Dublin.
This is where the book gets interesting with new characters as well as a love interest called Darragh a friend of her cousin's.
There is problems back home as well as in Dublin. Amira is torn between both and finds it really hard to sort her thoughts and feelings out. The story is written really well and gives you lots of details of what's going on as well as lots of thoughts and feelings. In some parts the story it is sad and quite emotional as well as really sweet.
A good read just stick with it I ended up really loving the story and looked forward to the new chapters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Like You Said it Would Be.

Started Reading