April's Reviews > The Evolution of Ivy: Poison

The Evolution of Ivy by Lauren     Campbell

5 'Love is a roadblock.' Stars

Like the sands through an hourglass so are the days of Ivy's life. Poor, poor, little societally ugly, Ivy Hobbs. Seriously though. Now that the ugly ducking has plastically emerged and transformed into the beautiful swan, Emily Brandt is out for revenge.

He will be hers again, afterall he was hers first!
It's only fair.
It's only right.
Hers, hers, HERS!
Afterall, 'love is patient.' Right?!

'He'd still never give me the time of day, would never acknowledge what we once had that now lives alone in my heart.'

I'm not sure where Lauren Campbell came from but I'm addicted to her unique brand of story telling. If you're into villainous alpha assholes, you need to meet this luscious, vile, yet addictive, evil heroine from the pits of ugly. Ivy Hobbs/Emily Brandt. Oh my freaking god! I have to admit that I do love her spirit! She's a go getter, not one to sit back... for long *wink*

'Sometimes I wish I could slit my wrists and bleed my love for him until it's all gone, because it consumes me. Controls me.'

Love would be an understatement of my feelings towards this beautifully crafted gem! It's solid gold! Like Emily, I'm a bit obsessed... but I mean well lol.
Flawless transition from past to present, character to character, it flows smooth without confusion. I would find myself cackling at the most inappropriate times. Because casseroles of emotions set me into hysterics.

'I'm a casserole of emotions. Each time they touch is another minute burning in the oven. I'm afraid eventually there will be nothing left of me but blackness.'

The Evolution of Ivy: poison will be a book that sticks with me for quite a long time because books such as this one, you don't forget. Unique in delivery with such decadent and rich characters and story line, this one is every booknerds wet dream come to print *wink*

If you need me, I'll be rocking in the corner until book two is published. I neeeeeeeds it now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evolution of Ivy.

March 26, 2017 – Started Reading
March 26, 2017 – Shelved
March 26, 2017 –
16.0% "OMG! I am loving this book!!! It's such a breath of fresh air! The heroine is such a crass cunty judgmental asshole of a cunt!! Squeee!! "I'm a casserole of emotions" HAH!"
page 49
"Oh. Em. G. This book is going to kill me!"
March 26, 2017 –
49.0% "49% not page 49 gaaah"
March 27, 2017 – Finished Reading