Elena Love's Reviews > Shattered Pack

Shattered Pack by Aileen Erin

Mar 26, 2017

*I received Shattered Pack for free in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

First of all, I want to start this review by saying that, it isn't necessary to read the rest of the books in the series but, I would definitely recommend it. I haven't read any of the previous five books and I don't regret it but, at the same time, there were a lot of mentions in this book since it is a companion, that made me want to pick them up. With that being said, let's move on to my thoughts on Shattered Pack.

Meredith and Donovan are true mates, something that is very rare in the Were world. After being cursed for a while and abandoning thoughts of ever fitting in, Meredith is determined to do everything in her power, in order to finally have everything she thought she never would. But Donovan's pack isn't the most welcoming, and when a demon fey is unleashed on its members, they're both certain that there's a traitor in the pack. Things were bad before the attacks and they get even worse. Leaving her family behind, Meredith is thrust into some very dangerous situations as soon as she enters the Irish pack's territory. And if she wants the happily ever after she's been dreaming since finding Donovan, her true mate, she has to survive against all odds. Even if someone is trying very hard to see her dead.

I'm a huge fan of werewolves and it's been a while since I've read one that I genuinely liked. Actually, it's been a while since I've read any book in the paranormal genre, and I'm so glad that, by picking this one up, I realized how much I truly missed it.

The story of Meredith and Donovan was very fascinating to read. Everything started off really slow which made me question whether I would enjoy it, but nothing could have prepared me for what followed. After the first couple of chapters, the action kicked off and I just could not get enough. I loved Mere and Don's relationship which made everything even better, and I had so much faith in them and their ability to figure things out.

There wasn't a lot of secondary character action but overall, I really enjoyed being introduced to Mere's family and friends. Don's pack was a whole different story. I was so mad at them for being so naive and incapable of making their own choices and decisions. It was frustrating! They couldn't see what was right in front of their eyes and were fooled by the actions of a mad werewolf who was used like a Muppet on a string by another, even crazier werewolf.

Through it all, Meredith and Donovan's relationship remained strong. They were determined to go through everything together, as a team, and they had each other's backs from the very beginning. That was something I really admired! It was obvious that, the effect they had on each other was more than positive. Nobody and nothing could stand between them or tear them apart.

What I also appreciated very much was, Mere's character and her ability to deal with situations that were very dangerous and completely unpredictable. She was such a brave woman who took crap from nobody and would do everything to protect the people she loved. Even if it meant losing her life in the process. She went through so much, came very very close to dying but still fought for her life and the lives of so many others.

Donovan was another character that I enjoyed meeting by reading this book. That was a very weird thing to say but, moving on, he cared about Mere and wanted to keep her safe. He was also very caring and stayed loyal to his pack, even though they doubted and challenged his power. He wanted to make up for his absence by being a bit more lenient with everything but when things got too far, he took action and was set on getting to the bottom of everything.

Last but not least, Shattered Pack was a book I immensely enjoyed! The writing was great and the story better and more interesting than I had originally anticipated! I loved the characters and their development throughout the book, as well as the action that made up most of it. It's such an unpredictable read with a lot of unexpected twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. After the first couple of chapters, I could not put this down and finished it in like, a day. I was so eager to see how the story would progress and what would happen in the end.

Shattered Pack is a fascinating, action packed read, with a kick ass heroine that goes through hell to save the ones she loves and find her happily ever after. It's a story of facing your worst nightmares and overcoming everything they throw your way. A story of love, acceptance, and loyalty that you won't be able to stop reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Pack.

March 26, 2017 – Started Reading