KyBunnies's Reviews > Sunset in Old Savannah

Sunset in Old Savannah by Mary  Ellis

I am several days late in posting this review for release day. I apologize to the author and publisher.

I read the other books in this series before starting this one. After reading the first 3 books I felt it was necessary to understand everything in the fourth book. It really is not necessary but it helped with all the background characters and why who does what.

I picked this book to read/review for several reasons. The main one was that it is set in the south. Living on the Mason-Dixon line I prefer books with a Southern setting.

I first thought this book and series was a cozy mystery. I was sadly wrong. This book is a Romantic Mystery without any sex. I do not have a problem with no sex in romance. But the book is in the mystery and thriller genre. No mention of any romance. I am not saying I would not have read it if I knew about the genre difference. However, I would have thought about it more.

I enjoyed how the author pulled in the history of Savannah. I did not like how the author took a married character and placed him in a sexual affair.

The story is mainly about Mike and Beth. But I felt they were not fair to each other. They went out but they did not offer each other deep incite into their past. This was a major drawback for me.

Then the author brings in Kaitlyn. A character with a mysterious past. A past that will probably show up in the next book.

I enjoyed this book to a point. My point was stated above about the genre mix-up. I would recommend this book to any who enjoy a romantic mystery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunset in Old Savannah.

March 25, 2017 – Started Reading