Cristina | CristiinaReads's Reviews > Roomies

Roomies by Christina Lauren

bookshelves: arc-books, favorites

➳The idea of marriage for the aspect of immigration purposes, has never sounded so enticing in this new compelling romance from Christina Lauren…

➳When being granted the presence of an Irish hottie, with the admiration and talent of music, and the love for keeping his lips smooth and soft by applying lip balm every five minutes, one must learn to admire such a specimen. I sure have, thanks to Christina and Lauren and their welcoming presence of Calvin McLoughlin. An attractive musician, who is at first spotted by Holland Bakker every single time she goes to use the transportation of the subway. In a way, she is very creepily watching him from a far because of her obsession with his love and passion towards music. To her, she not only finds that beyond fascinating, but also it makes Calvin even more attractive to her eyes.

➳Though Holland is very shy and is in the struggling times of trying to identify herself and her writing path, she is rescued by Calvin both in the physical way and also in the emotional way when needed. After finally encountering each other after one night filled with pure terror for Holland, Calvin begins to encounter himself as part of her life. Holland not only introduces Calvin to her uncle who is a mayor hit-list in Broadway, but he gets him a job that one cannot resist if following the performing arts. Due to unfortunate past events and the statues of Calvin’s lack of visa, he struggles to accept such a high position of being the lead musician in a play. That’s when Holland comes in to the rescue, saving the day and many others who would have been moping if not have been able to admire the performance of Calvin.

➳Yes, the relationship is all pretend here, pretend there. However, to the eyes of the reader, you can definitely tell the passion and love both Holland and Calvin have towards each other, in a way that can described as true soul-mates that have met under unexpected circumstances. There is a line in which one must admit the truth or let it come out on its own. Calvin decides to proceed with the latter;
“I’ve never done this before. I just know I’m falling for the girl I married...”

➳ In Calvin’s mind, this is all the man thinks about;

➳Overall, ROOMIES is a love story that is filled with pure romance, comedic aspects coming from both characters, and an aspiration towards finding your true self just as Holland achieves throughout the story. Christina and Lauren never seem to disappoint in this department of mesmerizing stories.

➳Order Link:
AmazonB&NKoboGooglePlayAmazon UKiBooks

➳ARC galley kindly provided by publisher, in exchange for an honest review...

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roomies.

March 25, 2017 – Shelved
March 25, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
September 20, 2017 – Shelved as: arc-books
October 10, 2017 – Started Reading
October 14, 2017 – Finished Reading
December 24, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Woohoo! Can't wait to read this! <3

Cristina | CristiinaReads Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Woohoo! Can't wait to read this! <3"

AHHH!! Me too Nissa, OH GOD! I can already envision your beautiful edits for this beauty <3

message 3: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Hey does it have cheating?

Cristina | CristiinaReads Sofia wrote: "Hey does it have cheating?"

In Roomies, no it doesnt :)

message 5: by Sofia (last edited Oct 24, 2017 10:38AM) (new)

Sofia Thanks! Have you read other books of Christina Lauren?

Cristina | CristiinaReads Sofia wrote: "Thanks! Have you read other books of Christina Lauren?"

Yeah I have read all of their books actually. How about u?

message 7: by Sofia (new)

Sofia I have only read like to books of the beautiful Bastard series, have any of the books you've read cheating?

Cristina | CristiinaReads Sofia wrote: "I have only read like to books of the beautiful Bastard series, have any of the books you've read cheating?"

Oh no, no cheating at all. Not even the WILD SEASONS series

message 9: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Thanks!

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Great review babe! Reading this soon xx

Cristina | CristiinaReads Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Great review babe! Reading this soon xx"

Thanks babe! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did love <3

message 12: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Awesome Review Cristina :)

Cristina | CristiinaReads Eyvette wrote: "Awesome Review Cristina :)"

Thank you Eyvette. Hopefully you get to read this one as well <3

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» FAB review, babes! This sounds soo good! I love marriage of convenience tropes. Happy you loved it! :) xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "FAB review, babes! This sounds soo good! I love marriage of convenience tropes. Happy you loved it! :) xoxo"

Thank you babe! Hopefully you get to read it love <3

message 16: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ Lovely review, love! xoox <3

Cristina | CristiinaReads Steffi wrote: "Lovely review, love! xoox <3"

message 18: by Riz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Riz Stunning review, Cristina! xx

Cristina | CristiinaReads Riz wrote: "Stunning review, Cristina! xx"

message 20: by Coco.V (new)

Coco.V Fab review, lovely! :) 💗

Cristina | CristiinaReads Coco.V wrote: "Fab review, lovely! :) 💗"

Thanks boo! Always so nice <3

message 22: by Chloe (new) - added it

Chloe reads Ahhhh I can't wait to read this!!!! 💙 xx

Cristina | CristiinaReads Chloe wrote: "Ahhhh I can't wait to read this!!!! 💙 xx"

It is better than what the synopsis makes it out to be for sure <3

Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews* Lovely review, hun! ❤️

NinaReader Awesome review! Glad to hear it's great cause they're my fav!

Cristina | CristiinaReads Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews* wrote: "Lovely review, hun! ❤️"

Thank you Tijuana, you are always the sweetest! <3

Cristina | CristiinaReads NinaReader wrote: "Awesome review! Glad to hear it's great cause they're my fav!"

OOOOH! You will love them even more than babe 'cause this standalone was so cute! Thank you <3

message 28: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Cristina! :)

Cristina | CristiinaReads Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Cristina! :)"

message 30: by Emilyjhlee (new)

Emilyjhlee wow great review! love the picture!
Gasp what a story

Cristina | CristiinaReads Emilyjhlee wrote: "wow great review! love the picture!
Gasp what a story"

Thank you Emily! It was so sweet that I cannot wait to read it again♥️💕

message 32: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Great review Cristina ;) xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Wendy wrote: "Great review Cristina ;) xoxo"

message 34: by Joan (new)

Joan Great review! :)

Cristina | CristiinaReads Joan wrote: "Great review! :)"

Melissa Fantastic review, Cristina! Loved the Irish hottie! 💜