Lisabet Sarai's Reviews > The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica 10

The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica 10 by Maxim Jakubowski

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: includes-story-by-me

Overall this is an excellent collection of erotic fiction (and not just because it contains one of my stories!) Maxim Jakubowski has an eye for original tales, especially those with a dark edge, and this anthology is no exception. "The Strangler Fig" by J.D. Munro is a prose-poem about devotion and mortality. M.Christian's "The Tinkling of Tiny Silver Bells" is a deceptively cheery exploration of the blurry line between life and death. Adam Berlin's "Raw", about a couple with a sushi fetish, took my breath away. "The Lady and the Unicorn" by C. Sanchez-Garcia offers a vampire very different from the ones that populate the Twilight books, a lost soul who knows she's damned yet still searches for salvation.

Not every tale is dark of course. Justine Elyot's "Advanced Corsetry", Kristina Lloyd's "On My Knees in Barcelona" and especially Alison Tyler's "Pierced" all explore the transcendence of fantasies fulfilled - as does my own contribution, "Reunion". Kris Saknussemm's "Rain and the Library" is exquisitely literate smut. Tsaurah Litzky's evocative and sentimental "The Witch of Jerome Avenue" mingles magic and lust. And Salome Wilde's bizarre but intriguing "Plasticity" demonstrates that almost anything can become a fetish object.

A solid collection of more than 40 stories, the latest Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica will keep you satisfied for a long time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica 10.

August 6, 2011 – Started Reading