Arabella ~♡AB♡~'s Reviews > The Bronze Horseman

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

I was absolutely consumed by this series, for 8 straight days, I lived and breathed these characters and devoured their epic, but also tragic and heartbreaking story. I can't remember the last time I felt so connected to a story. This book, in fact all three books, are not for everyone. This is a forbidden and angsty read, with many moments that will make you feel many sad and angry feelings, but the story is contrasted with some of the most beautiful and wonderful, fulfilling moments that I have ever had the pleasure to read in my life.

The story of Tatiana and Alexander begins in 1941 in Leningrad, and on the day that war is declared, Tatiana an innocent girl of 17, and Alexander a young soldier in the Red Army, cross paths unaware of how much their lives and future plans will change.

This book was everything to me, I loved so many things about it. I was absolutely engrossed in the setting, as although I don't read historical romance very often, this is definitely the first time I have read a book set in WW2 Russia, it was extremely eye-opening to view this important part of history from a different POV than what I have experienced before.

"I’m a soldier in the Soviet Union. I could die any minute a thousand different ways to Sunday. This might be the last minute we will have together. Don’t you want to spend that minute with me?

Tatiana may have been a young and innocent girl at the beginning, but the horrors of war and all of the loss and devastation soon ages her, but her pure and caring character was completely endearing to me. Alexander was pure Alpha Male and his fierce and protective nature was so extremely appealing to me that I forgave his moods, for he came out with some of the most beautiful words, anything could be forgiven.

Tatiana: "Why did we spend two days fighting when we could have been doing this?"
Alexander: "That wasn't fighting, Tatiana. That was foreplay."

Their love for each other was beyond measure, and whilst I found some of their decisions extremely frustrating, I just had to trust in the story and experience all of the many feelings that this novel evoked in me.

The characters went through so much throughout the entire trilogy and I felt so invested in them that I am going to find it very hard to move on to another book. The Bronze Horseman is without a doubt, a top favourite that will forever live in my heart, and whilst I wasn't entirely enamoured with the second book, Tatiana and Alexander, I was completely won over again with the finale, The Summer Garden.

"Tania, you are my miracle, you know that, don’t you? You are the one God sent me to give me faith." He paused. "He sent you to redeem me, to comfort me, and to heal me— and that’s just so far,"

If you love a book that takes you on an emotional story, this is a must read - Tatiana & Alexander are by far, one of my favourite book duo ever. Top marks for the whole series, and a million stars to this, The Bronze Horseman.

The Bronze Horseman is a historical romance, and the first in the trilogy. Told from dual POV.

Images featured in this review were created by me using stock images either purchased from deposit photo or from free stock sites.

facebook twitter goodreads wp google+ instagram pinterest mail

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bronze Horseman.

March 24, 2017 – Started Reading
March 24, 2017 – Shelved
March 24, 2017 – Shelved as: swoony-historical-romance
March 27, 2017 –
53.0% ""
March 28, 2017 –
74.0% "I'm getting so nervous!

"
March 29, 2017 – Shelved as: super-angsty
March 29, 2017 – Finished Reading
May 13, 2017 – Started Reading
May 24, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" So is it true then? Best romance ever?

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" wrote: "So is it true then? Best romance ever?"

It was epic!
I can't even form words right now

message 3: by -S♡ (new) - added it

-S♡ Happy to know you enjoyed this book, Arabella!

Candace Yay! So glad you loved it, Arabella! I love this series! :)

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ -S♡ wrote: "Happy to know you enjoyed this book, Arabella!"

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Candace wrote: "Yay! So glad you loved it, Arabella! I love this series! :)"

Almost finished the trilogy, I'm so glad I event picked it up ❤️

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• I so need to read this one still!!!! So glad you enjoyed! xx

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Jenny wrote: "I so need to read this one still!!!! So glad you enjoyed! xx"

Thanks, I hope you do :)

message 9: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Triad Great review! :)

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Sophia wrote: "Great review! :)"

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Yayy awesome review babe xx

Paige Wonderful review! You captured my feelings so well in it too :) Love this series❤

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤ wrote: "Yayy awesome review babe xx"

Thanks, darling x

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Paige wrote: "Wonderful review! You captured my feelings so well in it too :) Love this series❤"

message 15: by Saunders (new) - added it

Saunders lovely review AB. I have hesitated to read this purely because its Historical and I have more or less left it alone but reading your review I might just read this. You convinced me to read Outlander against my better judgement so I think you have also convinced me to go ahead with this one :)

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Saunders wrote: "lovely review AB. I have hesitated to read this purely because its Historical and I have more or less left it alone but reading your review I might just read this. You convinced me to read Outlande..."

I actually loved this one much more than Outlander, it was a total angstfest, but so beautiful. I hope you love it too Saunders x

message 17: by Elle (new) - added it

Elle Amazing review, sweetie!! <3

message 18: by Bri (new)

Bri •Books and Bri• Great review! :)

message 19: by Vixster (new)

Vixster I've had this on audible and I think it's a different experience. The H is American/Soviet with a Scottish lilt in my head. Angstfest isn't the word AB, I could swing for her family. Glad you loved it :)

message 20: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill Yay!!! I'm so happy you fell in love with it! <3 <3 Great review!

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Bri wrote: "Great review! :)"

Elle wrote: "Amazing review, sweetie!! <3"

Thank you!

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Vixster wrote: "I've had this on audible and I think it's a different experience. The H is American/Soviet with a Scottish lilt in my head. Angstfest isn't the word AB, I could swing for her family. Glad you loved..."

OMG right? My poor heart

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Jill wrote: "Yay!!! I'm so happy you fell in love with it! <3 <3 Great review!"

Me too!!! So happy, thanks

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Fabulous review, Arabella xx

message 25: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo Wonderful review AB.

message 26: by Coco.V (new)

Coco.V Amazing review, Arabella! :) xx

message 27: by ~Mandi~ (new) - added it

~Mandi~ Awesome review!!

Christie«SHBBblogger» Beautiful review, AB! xx

FMABookReviews Gorgeous review, AB. I could not have said it better myself!

Rachel Reads Ravenously Wonderful review AB! xoxo

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Rachel Reads Ravenously wrote: "Wonderful review AB! xoxo"

FMABookReviews wrote: "Gorgeous review, AB. I could not have said it better myself!"

Christie«SHBBblogger» wrote: "Beautiful review, AB! xx"

~Mandi~ wrote: "Awesome review!!"

Coco.V wrote: "Amazing review, Arabella! :) xx"

Mo wrote: "Wonderful review AB."

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ wrote: "Fabulous review, Arabella xx"

Amy | Foxy Blogs Beautiful heartfelt review ♥
This book consumed me too. :)

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Beautiful heartfelt review ♥
This book consumed me too. :)"

Thank you Amy, it will stay with me forever :)