Linzi's Reviews > May I Have Your Attention, Please?

May I Have Your Attention, Please? by James Corden

2074994

I’ve just finished listening to this book and I loved it. Written and released in 2011, it takes you through Corden’s life up until the birth of his son.

My personal discovery of him was through Doctor Who in which he had a couple of episodes in which he was the guest. I loved his humility and charm. Later, when I saw the Wrong Mans available on Hulu I had that moment of…”Hey! It’s that guy! I liked him, what’s this one about?”. Wrong Mans is fantastic and I was hooked from there.

Corden is open and honest about his faults and issues throughout the book. He will tell a story and occasionally thank or apologize (as needed) to the people involved in the story. Part of what I loved about the book is that he made a point to attempt to make it different. Each chapter begins with suggestions to help you best enjoy the chapter:

Best Musical Accompaniment
Best Film to Watch Alongside
Best Enjoyed with (type of food)

I really enjoyed this book and if you like James Corden and his work, I think you’ll like it too. I highly recommend listening to it as an audiobook (as I do with all memoirs) because Corden is a storyteller at heart. Plus he’ll sing for you a little.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read May I Have Your Attention, Please?.

March 23, 2017 – Started Reading