Furrawn's Reviews > All the President's Men

All the President's Men by Carl Bernstein

Watergate has been in the news recently because of Trump. I realized that I know next to nothing about Watergate. Being woefully ignorant, my husband and I decided to watch the movie. It was wonderful, and I made a beeline to Amazon to order the book afterwards.

Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. Thank God that they pursued the story, always refusing to give up. Not only did Nixon get outed, this story taught people that if something nefarious and wicked is going on I our government, they can speak up rather than sitting in silence and fear.

I think we probably owe a lot of current leaks during this Trump administration to the fact that Woodward and Bernstein taught the citizens of the United States that they can fight for truth, honesty, and justice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the President's Men.

March 23, 2017 – Started Reading
March 23, 2017 – Shelved
March 23, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Lilo (new) - added it

Lilo Has the movie the same title? I am terribly backlogged with all my reading but might be able to squeeze time to watch the movie.

Furrawn @Lilo Yes!!! The movie has the same title. The movie is fabulous. There’s more info in the book, but I was actually very glad I watched the movie first. You can definitely just watch the movie if you don’t have time to read the book. I learned a lot from the movie, and it’s got some incredible acting.

message 3: by Lilo (new) - added it

Lilo Furrawn wrote: "@Lilo Yes!!! The movie has the same title. The movie is fabulous. There’s more info in the book, but I was actually very glad I watched the movie first. You can definitely just watch the movie if y..."

Thanks for the info. I'll try to get the book from the library next time we go to town.

Furrawn Hopefully, they’ll have it. The movie you can rent via iTunes.

message 5: by Lilo (new) - added it

Lilo Furrawn wrote: "Hopefully, they’ll have it. The movie you can rent via iTunes."

How does iTunes work? Can you see a movie on the tv, or do you have to watch it on the computer screen?

Furrawn Hi, Lilo. To watch it on the tv, you need an Apple TV. Otherwise, you can watch it on any Apple device- laptop, iPhone, iPad, etc. If you aren’t an Apple person, then you can watch it with amazon prime video on a computer or electronic device... or your tv with the app and something like Roku. You can also buy the DVD at amazon for $8.99. Lots of options. Did that help?

message 7: by Lilo (new) - added it

Lilo Furrawn wrote: "Hi, Lilo. To watch it on the tv, you need an Apple TV. Otherwise, you can watch it on any Apple device- laptop, iPhone, iPad, etc. If you aren’t an Apple person, then you can watch it with amazon p..."

Thanks for the info, Furrawn. We don't have an Apple TV. We have apple computers, but I hate to sit longer at the computer than I need for my activities on Goodreads. (Otherwise, I might get corns on my butt. :-)) I would not want to watch a movie on a small device. We do have Roku, but it does not work properly. So my first try will be the library.

message 8: by Jessaka (new)

Jessaka Very good review. I hope we can gethim out of office