Lindsey (Linz Readz)'s Reviews > A Star to Steer Her By

A Star to Steer Her By by Beth Anne Miller

10742082

bookshelves: arc, kindle

I absolutely love the ocean! If I could live in/on the water, I would. I knew that I had to get my hands on this book after reading the blurb. Plus, that cover!? So beautiful! With a forbidden romance, the sea, and a mix of possible suspense/mystery I couldn’t dive in fast enough! The story started off a bit slow for me but once it took off I had a hard time putting it down.

Overcoming your fears can be one of the most challenging parts of life. Many NA novels have this as the center of the story. It was refreshing the way that this was a new take on that theme.

I loved watching Ari overcome so many things and watching her character grow throughout the story. Tristan also has some things to overcome but is always willing to help Ari. Their relationship was fun and at times heart-wrenching. It was enjoyable to watch them come together and help each other come to terms with things from their pasts and move to the future.

The setting was beautifully played out and completely realistic. Beth Anne Miller did a wonderful job of making it seem magical however, also keeping the brunt truth of the less than glamorous side.

I can only hope that we will be getting more of these characters! I feel as if we haven’t heard the end of Ari and Tristan’s story!

Grateful to have received an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Star to Steer Her By.

March 23, 2017 – Started Reading