Lori's Reviews > Among the Lesser Gods

Among the Lesser Gods by Margo Catts

bookshelves: drama

“Tragedy and blessing. Leave them alone long enough and it gets real hard to tell them apart.”
The tagline for this novel captured my attention. Tragedy and blessings are a topic near and dear to my heart, and after finishing this endearing story, I felt it deserved a review and recommendation for you, my readers.

Set in the 1970’s version of Leadville, Colorado, Elena Alvarez finds her life slipping into a dead-end fast.  As a pregnant, college graduate with nowhere to go, Elena agrees to help a widowed father upon the request of her grandmother.

Tragedy is carefully woven throughout each of the main characters individual lives. Elena has lived with a burden related to a fire she started as a young girl. Paul Kofford has lost his wife to a tragic accident. Kevin and Sarah are struggling to live without a mother. And, Tuah, Elena’s grandmother, has a lifetime of tragedy that is slowly revealed as the plot develops.

The thing about tragedy is we all have it in our lives.  We live with it and try to figure out what to do with it. Hopefully making a blessing out of a curse.
Read full review at https://www.choosingwisdom.org/book-r...
Mild Language
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Lesser Gods.

March 22, 2017 – Shelved