Maf (Bookworm Wanders)'s Reviews > All the Crooked Saints

All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater

did not like it

‪I'm going to go ahead and give this 1 - star because let's be real, Maggie cannot be trusted to write diverse characters. She is also using my last name here so I'm going to feel personally attacked once the food - skin colour descriptions start rolling around‬. Also, fun fact from a native Spanish speaker, Bicho does not mean bird and bicho raro is an insult, not a sweet way of referring to odd people. Also, can we talk about cultural appropriation because this has it written all over it.

Update: I WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL TOO BUT IN MEXICO LET ME TELL YOU ALL ABOUT HOW I WOULD HAVE BEEN EXPELLED IF I SHOWED THE LEVEL OF DISRESPECT CALLING SAINTS CROOKED SHOWS

Second update: I read the book and sadly I still stand by my opinion because even when I had absolutely zero expectations for this book, the author still managed to let me down. She didn't reaffirm my negative expectations, she blew those expectations away.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the Crooked Saints.

Finished Reading