T. Rosado's Reviews > Omega

Omega by Jus Accardo

Aug 01, 2017

bookshelves: 2017, arc, entangled-teen, gritty, witty, light-romance, netgalley, sci-fi, mystery-suspense, young-adult

4 Stars!

The first book in the Infinity Division series (Infinity) was one of my favorite YA sci-fi/time-travel/parallel universe stories. When I finished that book I was itching for the next and dreading the nine month wait for this one. When I picked Omega up, it was like no time had passed and I was again thrust into Cade, Kori and Noah's world (or some alternative version of it!)

It's fair to say that the first book is my favorite, but I tend to have an affinity for origin stories. Second books tend to be bridges to the finales with a lot of filler. Not Omega. Accardo did a fantastic job carrying on Cade, Noah, and Kori's plight with a few character additions such as Noah's love interest, Ash. With Omega being told from the alternating POV's of Noah and Ash, the missing pieces of Noah's story are filled in while also learning of Ash's devastatingly cruel past. I did find that the story moved a bit slower through the first half, but then gained momentum with crazy revelations, unpredictable characters, and maximum suspense. Like the first book, there isn't a brutal cliffhanger, but there are definite loose ends that will most likely be tied up in the third (and final?) book. Overall, a revealing, intense and sometimes funny addition to this series. (I voluntarily read an advanced copy of Omega. This review is my is my honest and unbiased opinion.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Omega.

March 20, 2017 – Shelved