Sharon Paavola's Reviews > Unplanned

Unplanned by Alana Terry

Read 2 times. Last read January 9, 2017 to January 13, 2017.

Unplanned is the opening novel in Alana Terry's newest Kennedy Stern series. She drew me into the story immediately and I couldn't stop reading. Kennedy is a first year pre-med student at Harvard and away from her missionary parents in China.

She reconnects with old family friends and becomes a volunteer for their pregnancy hotline before she can bat an eye.. She has very little time to spare and no idea what she is involved with and no idea what to say if someone were to call on her watch. She receives a disturbing call which pulls Kennedy into an intriguing, suspenseful, and frightening situation.

The subject of this book is abortion. The author doesn't preach or rant for one side or the other but gives the reader much to ponder. I appreciated her approach and feel that even though she is a Christian author her writing opens the door for anyone to read it.

This book grabs you on page one so fasten your seatbelt until the last page. I kept reading the next book in the series until I completed all of them. Tune in for my reviews on the rest of the Kennedy Stern series.

I was given a copy of Unplanned by the author for my honest review which I have given here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unplanned.

Finished Reading