Christian Fiction Addiction's Reviews > King's Blood

King's Blood by Jill Williamson

The world of The Five Realms captured my interest in Jill Williamson's first novel in the series, "King's Folly", and when I closed the pages of that novel it was all I could do to wait for this next addition entitled "King's Blood". Having devoured this wonderfully lengthy tome, I can confidently tell you that the wait is worth it (although, of course, you may have been keeping up with the series with the ebooks that are regularly released and so you haven't been waiting as long as I have) Once again, the characters captured my heart and my mind, both the heroes of the story but also the multi-faceted villains who aren't so easy to dislike once you realize the suffering they've often had in their own histories. The story is rich and complex, and though it can take awhile to get reacquainted with the characters and the multiple plot lines, it is definitely worth doing so as this is a grand, amazing work of fiction. I was truly transported to another world, aching along with the characters over the loss of their world, desperate to find a new land to call home and facing danger and uncertainty along the way.

Something I greatly liked about this story is that the drama and the action seems to be non-stop, just the way I like it, with assassination attempts, evil beings operating behind the Veil, and characters struggling to choose good over evil. I found several of the scenes to be very moving, such as when Sar Wilek's obedience to God (Arman) is rewarded so richly mid-way through the book. And, of course, a major plot point at the end of the book was one I just did not see coming and I actually paused reading in shock! And so, once again I finished this book feeling entirely too eager to keep reading, such that I'm not sure how I am going to be able to handle the wait until the final volume is released.

But don't just take my word for it - grab a copy for yourself. I believe that readers from teens on up who enjoy fantasy novels will quite enjoy "King's Blood". I award this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King's Blood.

Finished Reading