Kory Steed's Reviews > A Dom's Decision

A Dom's Decision by Raven McAllan

Before I proceed, I must reveal that I won my copy of this book from the author during an online party hosted by the publisher.

I did not realize that A Dom’s Decision (Athol’s Story), by Raven McAllan was the third installment in her Dommissimma series; until I went to post this review. That says a lot, considering this story of Athol and Edan’s relationship could well stand on its own; the book was so well written that when I reached its end, I believed that their story had been told.

Though her deft use of dialogue between the M/C’s as well as the supporting characters, McAllan does an outstanding job of revealing all the pertinent character’s backgrounds and backstories, thus eliminating the need for prolonged, introductory prose. In addition, she skillfully injects humor, banter, tension, sex, and distinctive imagery throughout the story and these all serve to elevate its telling to another level.

Though I have no difficulty with BDSM, it is not a subject I particularly seek out, but based on the title, I did anticipate that the book would contain a lot of it. I was surprised to learn that the story was not about this at all and upon reflection, I realized that it did not require it in the least. Rather, this was a story about two men who were brought together by circumstances outside of their control later in life,, and I found myself rooting for them in the hope that they would grasp the opportunity to rekindle their prior relationship. I will leave it to the rest of you to discover the obstacles they faced and whether they were able to actually do so, but I will reveal that in the end, their lives were changed for the better and not necessarily by each other.

This was a very enjoyable read, and I look forward to more from this author in the future.

Kory Steed

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dom's Decision.

March 19, 2017 – Started Reading