Tara Chevrestt's Reviews > Deadly Descent

Deadly Descent by Kaylea Cross

bookshelves: kindle, 2011-release, romance, netgalley, women-in-aviation

First of all, huge thumbs up to the author for starting this series. It's about time there was a "military women serving in Afghanistan" series. All the women introduced in this book are tough chicks. The heroine of this one, Devon, is an Army Medivac Helipcopter pilot. Wanna know how tough she is? She continues shooting at the enemy after her helo is shot down despite her completely busted knee.

Her love interest is a PJ, an Air Force parajumper with medical training. I didn't know about this group of elite soldiers till now and this author obviously knows her stuff, right down to the planes and medical jargon. I am impressed.

Devon and Cam are technically not supposed to be together and on top of that, her dead ex boyfriend was his best friend so there's some guilt to get past as well as rules to break if they get together. When Cam has to rescue her tho... They just may realize they can't live without each other assuming they BOTH get out alive. Cause, this crazy Arab, Sadiq, happens to want them dead and he is out there..

Great book but had a real slow start. Didn't get hopping till 50 percent in. The first half got really bogged down showing readers the chemistry btw Devon and Cam. I got it. He gets a hard on everytime he looks at her and she wants his bod super bad.. I got it the first three times it was mentioned and didn't need it beaten in my head. Thus, it doesn't hit the 5 star mark tho the last half was exciting as all get out and oh, thumbs up for condom usage. I didn't think this was a dumb heroine looking to throw away her career so awesome, that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Descent.

August 4, 2011 – Shelved
August 4, 2011 – Shelved as: kindle
August 4, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-release
August 8, 2011 – Shelved as: romance
August 18, 2011 – Shelved as: netgalley
August 24, 2011 – Started Reading
August 24, 2011 –
25.0% "Good stuff so far. Raised an interesting discussion with my husband about officers dating enlisted. They really need to do away with that rule. This is 2011.. we supposedly did away with class divisions a long time ago."
August 24, 2011 –
60.0% "Finally some real action."
August 25, 2011 – Finished Reading