Cyn Armistead's Reviews > Positivity: Groundbreaking Research Reveals How to Embrace the Hidden Strength of Positive Emotions, Overcome Negativity, and Thrive

Positivity by Barbara L. Fredrickson

Mar 16, 2017

I first read Fredrickson's second book, Love 2.0: How Our Supreme Emotion Affects Everything We Feel, Think, Do, and Become. It blew me away, and I've recommended it hither and yon. I was definitely interested in her first book, but for one reason and another it took me a while to get around to it.

This is an excellent audiobook. I enjoyed the presentation, and the information was absolutely fascinating. I'm going to have to go back and read (instead of listen to) some of the sections and take notes, but I'm definitely interested enough to do so!

I'm particularly interested in the science-backed techniques Fredrickson recommends for improving one's positivity ratio. I'll be tracking mine as I try these techniques to see what happens. I strongly recommend the book, especially to anyone who is interested in combating negativity or the science of positive psychology.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Positivity.

March 16, 2017 – Started Reading