Sassy Brit's Reviews > The Watcher

The Watcher by Ross Armstrong

This is an Amazon Vine review of a free book. I'm reviewing The Watcher by Ross Armstrong Here are my thoughts:

^^ Lily watches birds as a hobby but it's really an excuse to spy on the neighbours.When a neighbour is killed, Lily becomes obsessed with finding the killer.

^^ I wasn't hugely excited with this book, and although I read to the end keen to find a resolution, there was something about the delivery which didn't engage me as much as I had hoped.

^^ I liked the idea that The Watcher was kind of Hitchcock themed, as it had similarities to Rear Window and hinted at The Birds, with the main character's love of bird watching.

^^ Nevertheless, I thought the way Lily gave each person she spied on a character name and made up fantasy lives for them, was done pretty well. Alas, it just was not gripping enough for me.

Overall: It wasn't my favourite read, as I found it a little flat, however, I did enjoy the final twist at the end, but not enough for me rate it higher than an "I liked it" three stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Watcher.

March 16, 2017 – Shelved