Ishabelle's Reviews > Dark Protector

Dark Protector by Celia Aaron

Mar 16, 2017

bookshelves: 4-stars, abuse-survivors, contemporary-romance, femme-fatale, safe-books
Read in March, 2017

Safety Level: Safe
Cliffhanger: No
Ending: HEA

I've read a few books from Celia Aaron before, but I think that this is the first book I've read from her wherein the plot was not centered on the sex. Yes, it's still sexy and intense, but the story focused more on the suspense and the action instead of the ways that both main characters could fornicate. After this review, I will most definitely check out her other books, especially the standalone ones.

Anyway, I enjoyed this book because of the endless action that seemed to happen in every chapter. The main characters had depth. The hero grew up as a hired gun's son who eventually followed in his father's footsteps. The heroine was a survivor of an abusive relationship. And while that part of her past was dark and difficult, as a reader, you can't help but appreciate what she went through because it taught her lots of things and made her into the heroine that is currently is. The romance was steamy, and believable.

I want to know if there is going to be a book about the male secondary character, or if there is one out already. He was very interesting and funny. I'd like to read his story too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Protector.

03/16 marked as: read