Silver James's Reviews > Shade's Lady

Shade's Lady by Joanna Wylde

bookshelves: 2017-books-read, auto-buy-series, dark-and-dirty, keeper, motorcycle, romance, suspense, reread, 2018-books-read, audio-books, 2019-books-read
Read 3 times. Last read July 11, 2019.

Shade's Lady (Reapers MC #6.5; 1001 Dark Nights #55) by Joanna Wylde Still short, still packs a punch, still has HEAs (there's a secondary couple), sexy bikers, and strong heroine with a hero perfect for her. My favorite part has to do with breakfast the morning after. That's all I'm going to say.

2018 review: I first snagged this novella on Kindle and then jumped on it as soon as it released from Audible. Listening to this book in audio was awesome! And I still love it for all the reasons listed below.

[Original 2017 review] I'm a huge fan of Joanna Wylde's MC series, whether the Reapers, Silver Bastards, or Devil's Jacks. In this novella, part of the 1001 Dark Nights anthology series, fans get a look at Shade, the Reaper's National president. Shade has appeared in earlier books but always as this dark, forbidding presence who is full of all things badassery. Yeah, my kind of anti-hero! This is a romance. By definition, romance readers know we are going to get the HEA in the end. It's the trials and tribulations before getting there that makes reading them fun. This is short read but there's a bonus payoff. Can't say more without spoilers.

Shade is dark, but he's also honest. He doesn't promise Mandy anything. And Mandy is doing her very best to stay out of his way. Her internal monologues with Wonder Woman are worth the price of the book. Just sayin'... Anyway, I'm totally adding Shade to my Top Ten Book Boyfriends list and Mandy isn't a pushover. Fun times, people. Fun times!

And the only reason it took me "two" days to read is because I started it about 10 p.m. and finished up about 1:30 a.m.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shade's Lady.

March 15, 2017 – Started Reading