Marleen's Reviews > Live Wire

Aug 04, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: harlan-coben
Read from August 12 to 13, 2012

“All families have secrets. Some will kill you” - That’s what it says on the cover of LIVE WIRE; and I find it very true and very sad in this case. It just feels like Myron can’t get a break when it comes to his beloved family members. It must have escaped my attention reading all the previous Myron Bolitar books that Myron had a brother (Brad) he hadn’t seen or spoken to in fifteen years. It’s hard to summarize the plotline here; there’s Suzze T, long-time client, a tennis-player who asks for Myron’s help to locate her husband, and from there on Myron rolls from one surprise into the other. Tennis stars, rock idols and mobsters complete the rest of the cast. And there’s Win, Esperanza and Big Cyndi, of course: Myron’s faithful entourage.
Overall I thought this story wasn’t as well-plotted, still I couldn't put it down - and what I enjoyed was that it showed an even more vulnerable Myron. What captivated me was the strong family angle of the story. This book also introduces Mickey, Myron’s nephew, who will be the main character in Harlan Coben’s next books, I gather.
It is bitter-sweet to realize that this story felt as a goodbye to Myron and his agency, but I truly hope that's not so!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Live Wire.

Tammi I have read the other 9 books and have my name on a list at the library for this one .. I hate to see Myron's books end -- i have loved them all