Irene Sim's Reviews > A Million Junes

A Million Junes by Emily Henry

31914348

bookshelves: fantasy-sci-fi, young-adult, audio, magical-realism, 2018-read

This reminded me so much of The Weight of Feathers. It has a similar Romeo and Juliet theme.
I had the author on my radar ever since I read her debut novel the love that split the world. I was really impressed with her writting and I couldn't wait to read her next story.
"A Million Junes" prooved to be everything I was expecting from the author. It is heavier on the magical realism but that didn't bother me at all. EH creates a magical world, a place blessed by the Gods, a heaven on earth. But people with their actions turned it into hell and our heroine tries to save herself and her family from this curse.
I loved all the characters in the story, June's parents and siblings, her BFF Hannah, Saul and his cousin Nate, they all are solid, with their own purpose in the story.

If you have a taste for magical realism, I would recommend this book to you, it worths your time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Junes.

March 16, 2017 – Shelved
June 10, 2018 – Shelved as: audio
June 10, 2018 – Shelved as: magical-realism
June 10, 2018 –
page 40
10.0% "If his voice had a taste it would be like one of those artisanal chili-pepper dark chocolate bars. If it were a color it would match the eyes that are currently boring into mine."
June 11, 2018 –
page 162
40.5% ""
June 13, 2018 –
page 220
55.0% ""
June 13, 2018 –
page 245
61.25% "In that moment, I find him.
The magic man who could talk roots into spreading.
The haunted man who ran from the people he loved.
My father, the sun, who warmed everything he touched. Who fought for us and for his place in the world."
June 14, 2018 –
page 305
76.25% ""
June 15, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-read

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Hanne (new)

Hanne Super review