Theresa's Reviews > Infamous

Infamous by Lori Sizemore

Mar 16, 2017

Read on March 16, 2017 , read count: 1

This is my first story by Lori Sizemore. After this, I look forward to reading more! I started reading this, and I didn't want to put it down! It had me interested and invested very quickly, and I was rooting for Justine throughout.

There is a lot going on in this story, between Justine and her relationships with her parents and Sawyer. There were other secondary characters who added much to the story as well, and I wanted to violently hurt the villain. All the people in this story are flawed with their own problems, and seem like real people. And despite the problems, they still work it all out, to my immense satisfaction. There's lots of bickering and snark throughout the story, and the chemistry between Justine and Sawyer was amazing! I really liked Justine. She is a solid woman, independent, open, honest, messy, and very stubborn. She has issues with finishing what she starts, but she's learning. Sawyer likes having control of everything, and is career oriented, to the point of avoiding any kind of attachment to others. Both of them have pasts that they want to forget, but they work together despite it, especially when it comes back. I also loved the bond between Justine and her mom.

Overall, it's a great story, well-written with few grammar mistakes, and a plot that's ever building and having more layers added on. There's so much simmering at the surface, and when all is let out, it's explosive and an entertaining, wild ride! If you like strong heroines and heroes with a hard exterior and soft, protective interior, then you'll love this book. I highly recommend it.

Note: I received a free ARC of this story from Quill and Ink Reviews. I voluntarily am leaving an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infamous.

03/16 marked as: to-read