Joyfully Jay's Reviews > Plaid versus Paisley

Plaid versus Paisley by K.C. Burn

bookshelves: kris

A Joyfully Jay review.

In this second book in the Fabric Hearts series, we catch up with Raven’s best friend and partner, Will. While it’s helpful to have read Tartan Candy first, it’s not entirely necessary. I liked getting to see Will finding his love, and I liked checking in with Raven and Caleb and seeing that they are doing well. Even with that, it definitely can standalone.

Once again, Burn excels at characterization. It’s one thing I really enjoy with this author. Dallas has been beaten down, and has had to present a certain image in his life. His experiences have made him act and think a certain way, and that, coupled with his recent bad luck, definitely gives him a downtrodden feeling. But there’s glimpses of his spine and self-worth underneath, and as he heals, both physically and emotionally. I liked watching the gradual changes, as he remembers who he is and stands up for himself. And he makes a great match in Will. From the very beginning their chemistry is easy to see, and there’s no doubt that if they can get past their hurdles, they would be amazing together.

I found Will just a tad harder to like. He’s drenched in self-loathing and a need to prove himself. And I totally understand why. His own experiences have taken their toll. But I also found him to be very intelligent, so the depth that went to seemed a little too much. But when he allowed himself to really open and feel with Dallas, his true heart came shining through. So while I would have liked a little more revelation from him, and for it to come a bit earlier, I understood why he thought the way he did. His care and tenderness toward Dallas was really beautiful, and I truly enjoyed them together.

Read Kris’ review in its entirety here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plaid versus Paisley.

Finished Reading