nicklein's Reviews > At Any Price

ANTICLIMACTIC
FRUSTRATING
ANNOYING
PREDICTABLE

Those are the words that I would associate with this read.

It was meh and okay enough but the premise actually had the potential to be great if only the author focused on character development big time. The main characters were too dull and flat and infuriating like hell.

Also they lack certain realness in them.

Plus, their actions and words clashed. Doing one thing and then saying another later. But the most twisted thing was when their words seem to contradict what they just said literally seconds ago.

Me is confused af.

“I did that to Lindsay to purposefully hurt you.”

Jerk. Who does that?! And then few pages later, he was confessing his undying love for her. Talk about whiplash.

The secrets were what I consider very anticlimactic. I kept waiting for a nice, jawdropping bomb to drop. None came.

Shit, I did some skimming too. Not proud of it but I can't help myself. If I didn't skim I might have dnfed this. And I powered through partly because of Heath and partly because I hate dnfing.

But...

I like this line though.

“Every minute I spent with you made me want a hundred minutes more.”

Well, you know me, I'm a big fan of swoony words. It still didn't change the fact that this book disappointed me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Any Price.

March 15, 2017 – Shelved
March 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 21, 2017 – Started Reading
March 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

nicklein Maddie wrote: "Great review, Nicklein ❤"

Review, rant, same thing. Lol. Thank you<3

message 2: by KAS (new)

KAS Thanks for your honest review/rant, Nicklein! It is a shame when due to the books premise, it could have been a fabulous read! I have run across a few myself lately. xox

nicklein KAS wrote: "Thanks for your honest review/rant, Nicklein! It is a shame when due to the books premise, it could have been a fabulous read! I have run across a few myself lately. xox"

Yesss. The letdown was real that's for sure.