Lost in a Book's Reviews > Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

bookshelves: 2017-books, coming-of-age, nerdtastic

4.5 Stars

This was exactly what I needed. I don't know what it is about coming of age stories. Maybe it's the obstacles the MCs face or the self-discovery or the feelz when it seems to their teenage selves that the world is going to end or the fact that I feel like I'm living my teenage years all over again with each COA book and I feel so much right along with them. Maybe it's all of those combined and more. This book had it all for me. The writing took a little bit for me to get into which explains the 4.5 instead of 5 stars. I really did love it in the end.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda.

Quotes Lost in a Book Liked

Becky Albertalli
“The way I feel about him is like a heartbeat -- soft and persistent, underlying everything.”
Becky Albertalli, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

March 13, 2017 – Shelved
March 13, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
July 27, 2017 – Started Reading
July 27, 2017 –
0.0% "Now that I've spent hours stalking bookshelves to find my next read... this is what I landed on and I'm still not sure it's the next book for me. *yawn* I'll have to sleep on it."
July 28, 2017 –
23.0% "What is it about coming of age books that makes me happy? I suppose it will be one of life's unanswered questions... sorta like how is there always so much sexual tension for MCs in elevators? #randomness"
July 28, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-books