J'aime's Reviews > Treachery in Death

2200613
Aug 03, 2011

bookshelves: romance, suspense-thriller
Read in February, 2011

I’ve enjoyed every book in Robb’s In Death series, some more than others. But this easily jumped to the top as my favorite. In every case, Eve stands for the dead to bring them justice. This time it truly is personal as she takes on a dirty cop and her corrupt squad, who have killed other cops. Eve doesn’t just stand for the dead; she’s standing for the honor and integrity of the rest of the force.

I was somewhat surprised it took this long for Robb to tackle police corruption, but it was worth the wait. The book was tight and intense, and even minor characters like Whitney and Webster are pulled in for more than just a cameo. The corruption runs deep and every one working the case takes it personally, even Doctor Mira. The dialog is sharp enough to cut and the humor is black enough to make me laugh out loud. Under it all, that flame of romance between Roarke and Eve is still burning and provides some tender moments amidst the dark story line.

I could not put this book down. I probably shouldn’t buy Robb’s books in hardcover because I read them so fast that I’m certainly getting robbed. But, the writing is just so good I can’t wait for paperback. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treachery in Death.