Rhianna's Reviews > Secrets of a Reluctant Princess

Secrets of a Reluctant Princess by Casey Griffin

2000093

If you love a good teen rom-com and need a feel-good read, look no further!

It's that time of the year when I just can't seem to read anything too dark or moody. Gimme some fun, romantic YA so I can soak up the extra sunlight with a read that makes me smile. SECRETS OF A RELUCTANT PRINCESS totally fit the bill!

Poor Andy. Talk about having your world turned upside down. After being bullied back home in Seattle she's ready for a new start at Beverly Hills High. But with a reality TV show crew catching her worst moments and making them worse, who's to blame her for making some not-so-great choices in friend-making? If Andy wants to let her geek flag fly, she better wear a mask. As a fellow geek I loved the LARPing parts of the plot a lot. I may not have ever been into the live-action type but I'm a role player who loves to see my people represented positively in fiction.

While it's generally light, humorous, and fun I was impressed with the complicated characters. These weren't your typical YA stereotypes and there was a lot more than met the eye by the time the story ended. I had my fair share of giggles and was really pleased to see the romantic plot end sweetly. I really enjoyed Griffin's writing style and will definitely be on the lookout for more YA offerings from her in the future.

Note: ARC received via publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of a Reluctant Princess.

March 13, 2017 – Started Reading