Abhi Yerra's Reviews > The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation

The Challenger Sale by Matthew Dixon

bookshelves: sales

The whole worth of this book is literally one chapter and the rest of it seems to be filler. But that chapter makes this one of the better sales books I read.

The thesis of this books is that Challengers are the ones who move the sales forward because they in a way get inside the OODA cycle of the customer’s and can help them make a decision based on customized needs. Essentially, this book is you have to do a lot of upfront work to learn about and customize the needs of your services to your potential client. Not push your services to your clients first before understanding their needs. The way they do this is through the learning and challenging cycle that they recommend.

Im sure great sales people have incorporated this into their cycle but this is not something I see with many sales people who tend to just push their stuff without thinking about the client. Overall, I’d just say the first couple chapters are good and the rest are okay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Challenger Sale.

March 12, 2017 – Shelved