Amy Jacobs's Reviews > When You Dare

Aug 03, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in August, 2011

It has been a while since I have read a book by author Lori Foster. When I saw various reviews popping up about this series though, I got sucked back into her world of suspense and romance.

When Dare goes on a rescue mission to find his best friends sister, he comes across the beautiful Molly as well. At first he considers her a complication to the mission, but quickly discovers the beauty within Molly along with a mysterious cover-up. I loved Dare in this book. He was strong, sexy and independent. I loved his ferocious protectiveness of the people he cared about. I also loved his friendship with his assistant, Chris. Chris had the perfect balance of smarts, sexy and humor that this book needed.

Molly was not one of my favorite characters. I felt she was too needy and weak. While she tried to come across as a strong woman, she was always relying on others to lead the way. I wanted her to stand on her own two feet and learn to protect herself in certain parts of the books. She whined quite a bit which became annoying as well. I wanted her to get a spine and be as strong as Dare when needed.

Overall, while this wasn't my favorite book by this author, it was one that kept me interested enough to continue on with the series. I am looking forward to see how the other characters will evolve in the next books. Hopefully, we will get to see more of Chris as well and maybe even get his own book in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Dare.

Quotes Amy Liked

Lori Foster
“Emotion choked her. “Since meeting you you’ve made me feel a lot of things. But not guilt. Not even when I kicked you.”
He smiled. “Glad to hear it. So what do you say we go check on your sister? I can almost picture her with her ear to the door.”
Through the door, Natalie said. “Damn right. Now bring my sister back out her.”
Lori Foster, When You Dare

Lori Foster
“Good grief, Molly. He doesn't scare you?"
"Of course not."
"But he's..."
"He's sweet," Molly insisted.
Dare snorted. "He's still listening.”
Lori Foster, When You Dare