Anita's Reviews > Pillowtalk

Pillowtalk by Cassie Mae

3202140

Once again, Cassie Mae masterfully writes characters that are not only relatible, but have become your BFF's for ...this time, a week, because I couldn't find time in the week to get into a 'serious relationship' with this book...until I got the flu. Go Flu for providing downtime with a book!

What I Loved: So many things. I think the pacing of this book is going to take the win for me though. You know pretty much right off the bat that Kennedy is about ready to move on in life, but its still a work in progress. The process of getting her to the point where she was really ready isn't skipped over. This goes for Aaron as well....and I especially love that. There are a lot of books where both MCs have issues, and one of them is skimmed over and sort of swept under the rug with a single conversation while the other is more fleshed out - but here both Kennedy and Aaron get equal parts healing and character development time, and in a way that made sense. That was HUGE for me.

I also loved that this book sucked me in from the first chapter. I have a little bit of a 3 chapter rule...you get three chapters to engage me or I'm out...but Cassie Mae never takes that long. She makes sure to grab your attention from the start.

I also loved the thunderstorms, the stars, the DOG....the twins, the setting. The laugh-out-loud moments and the moments that were a bit gut-wrenching.

Not So Much: So one thing...there are twins, and one half of them happens to be Aaron, but it's not the first twin you (or Kennedy) meets. Both Kennedy and Austin (twin 2) are coming to town at the same time. But as the story progresses, you find that everyone is talking about Aaron just arriving and his first interactions with some of the small-town folk. I kept going back and reading and re-reading trying to make sure I understood. THEN finally a few chapters later you find out that yes, indeed, both Austin and Aaron came back to town around the same time. My head was doing loops, I mean eventually I kind of guessed that was what happened, but before it was laid out I was like.."but why wasn't it mentioned?"

The Verdict: Great book. Great ADULT book. Meant for ADULTs! :) But Cassie Mae at her finest!

(Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pillowtalk.

March 3, 2017 – Started Reading